This is the MP3 Podcast of the PMlessonLearned.com PM Best Practices presentation topic of "2008: A New Year and A Fresh Look at Your Project Management" as presented by Henry Will, PMP on 17Jan2008.
Download or Listen to the MP3 of PMLessonsLearned.com Episode 0027
(if your computer doesn't support that link, then this Internet Archive link or this OurMedia link may work)
Notes are below, but first this...
A Project Management Cruise - vacation with other PMLL members and learn PM info at the same time! We're traveling with the New Jersey PMI Chapter - May 17, 2008 - New Jersey to Bermuda on RCL (http://pminj.org/08-sea/085smp.htm)
Linda Trignano presented a Career Segment on "Ways to Motivate a Team Based on Your Style of Communication." Linda is the principle of "HR Performance Solutions," where she is a career coach, presenter, and facilitator of business sessions. http://hrperformancesolutions.com
PM Best Practice Session:
Topics discussed included: Delegating, Right-sizing PM processes to the size of the project, re-examining the goals of your project, defining your true sponsors, being accountable, truth telling, team members, clarity of communication, initiating, volume of communications
Also discussed: Email rules and productivity
References from the call:
- Bruce Tuckman "group Development" model: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forming-storming-norming-performing and the article is here: http://dennislearningcenter.osu.edu/references/GROUP%20DEV%20ARTICLE.doc
- Project Control Book (see Project Book and Project Binder at this site: http://www.pmi-swohio-chapter.org/best-pract.shtml
- Book offer: "Project Management Best Practices: A to Z" Authors: Jim Blaylock, PMP and Dr. Rudd McGary, PMP. Special price for PMlessonsLearned.com members (join our yahoo group for free): is $15+ $3.50 Shipping and Handling (S&H).To purchase the book, contact Jim Blaylock at 513-489-1752
- "Don't push that send button!" http://hbswk.hbs.edu/archive/3103.html
- "Top 10 Most Important Rules of Email Netiquette" http://email.about.com/od/emailnetiquette/tp/core_netiquette.htm
- "32 most important email etiquette tips" http://www.emailreplies.com/
- Inbox Zero on 43 folders (a productivy site): http://www.43folders.com/izero
- Inbox Zero Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=973149761529535925
- Inbox Zero video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9UjeTMb3Yk
- What is Getting Things Done? http://www.davidco.com/what_is_gtd.php - Includes links to the book, newsletter, and podcasts
If you're looking for a PM job, we invite you to join our FREE PM JOB SHOP conference calls.
We highly recommend that you join the free yahoo group in order to get announcements of our calls and other information to further your PM career.
Join our Yahoo group for details, reminders of the calls, and information to help you in your PM Career. Visit the website for details.
PMLessonsLearned.com - Project Managers helping Project Managers. Open to all.