It is with a heavy heart that we are sorry to report the passing of one of the founding members of our PMlessonsLearned.com group. Barbara Fuller passed away this past Monday, January 5,2015. On the "About PMlessonsLearned" page on our website, you will see her listed as one of our founding members. You'll also see the many PMlessonsLearned.com conference calls that she participated in (and the podcasts). We've listed several of them below.
Henry Will, founder of our group, has the following to say about Barbara,
"Barbara was an inspiration to me in establishing the PMLL group. Not only did she support me, she also contributed wholeheartedly to the initial work to make the group become a reality. Barbara also gave her input to continually improve our group. I also volunteered with her in the local PMI New Jersey chapter. At one point, I suggested and initiated work for a Project Management Cruise for the New Jersey Chapter. The goal was for Project Managers to learn how to improve their professional work in a fun, relaxing, and social setting. Due to my other commitments, I wasn't able to do the work to make it happen. Barbara showed up to some initial meetings, took the lead, and made it happen. She was also a fellow Christian believer which brought us even closer. She will be sorely missed. I know she's in a better place due to her faith."
Several PMlessonsLearned.com members have already expressed their sadness at the loss. We take this time to memorialize the vibrant life of Barbara Fuller.
Here is a list of some of the memorable contributions that Barbara made to this group:
- Barbara was instrumental in developing our goal on our website: The goal of this group is to Empower Project Managers, and people studying for the PMP test. Increase PM Knowledge; Build Business Relationships; Increase your effectiveness; Increase your marketability; Gain Professional Support
- Thursday, October 16, 2008 PMLL Episode 0049 "Don't Just Capture Lessons Learned – Set them FREE!!!" (PM Best Practices)
- 16Aug2007 PMLL Episode 0019 "How to DO Lessons Learned on your project"
- 21Jun2007 PMLL Episode 0015 Managing Virtual Project Teams (Panelist)
- 17May2007 PMLL Episode 0013 The Other PM: The real-life story of integrating Process Management with Project Management. Doing More with Less
- Episode 0000 - Introduction Podcast