These are the notes from the PMlessonLearned.com Conference Call:
Topic: PM JOB SHOP
Presentation Title: Discussion with Sharon Horan of NJ Department of Labor
Leader: Henry Will, PMP
PM Job Shop Group Hosts: Mike Chrepta and Scott Percival
Presenter: Sharon Horan of NJ Department of Labor
Podcast number: 0048
MP3 / Podcast: Download MP3 or Listen on Internet Archive or Listen on OurMedia or Join our podcast on itunes
Notes from the call:
- Sometimes we're laid off, not because of us, but because of finances - don't take it personally
- The best attitude of a job seeker
- Mock Interviews
- Networking and networking groups
- Being engaged when seeking a position
- Being upbeat and positive
- Emphasizing your strengths
- Handling the emotions
- Don't go it alone
- Take advantage of the PSG (free) classes
- Dept of Labor offers tuition assistance for career training
- wnjpin.net and the link there to O*Net
- www.ioscar.org/tx/index.asp (self-assessment)
- www.rileyguide.com (general job search techniques; assessment tools)
- www.onetcenter.org (job profiles; skills identification; keywords)
- College websites are helpful, even general sites (such as about.com) have job search information and guidance
Please join us for a future conference call (they're all free and open to all). We currently have several calls a month. See our calendar of future calls via the link on our website.
If you're looking for a PM job, we invite you to join our FREE PM JOB SHOP conference calls.
Join the Yahoo Group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pmjobshop
We highly recommend that you join the free PM Lessons Learned Yahoo group in order to get announcements of our calls and other information to further your PM career.
PMLessonsLearned.com - Project Managers helping Project Managers. Open to all.