Thursday, March 25, 2010

Some members accidentally removed from Linkedin group

I accidentally removed about 50 members yesterday from our linkedin.com group.

Information about our linkedin.com group is located here:
http://pmlessonslearned.blogspot.com/2008/01/pmlessonslearnedcom-linkedincom-group.html


So, if you were removed from our linkedin.com group yesterday, it's nothing you did. It was an honest mistake I made.

The screen to add people who have requested to join the group is exactly the same as the screen to remove them. I thought I was on the screen to add people, but was on the screen to remove people. With one click of the button, I removed 50 people. There was no "are you sure?" and no "undo."

But using the "back" button on the browser I was able to see the people I deleted. But, I can only contact the people who are in my network. So, I emailed those of you I could (about 30 people). I can't contact the rest. I did however send the list to the help desk, we'll see what they say.

So, please request to join again and I'll approve you again. Thanks for your patience.

No comments: